A Point Form, in light of recent facial expressions in certain pictures...
- Anna Sophia secretly squirrels away money, ID, pawn-able jewelry and some clothes in a duffel bag. In the wee hours of a summer morning, she leaves the Botkin house. It's the hardest think she's ever done, but she knows it's right.
- Buying a bus ticket, she heads to a northern town, and after explaining her story is taken in at a women's shelter. There, she recieves councelling, basic life skills, and earns her GED.
- With help, she covers her tracks further and moves to a second town, renting a tiny studio appartment and getting a job at a local natural foods store. After a few months, Anna Sophia enrolles in a community college and buys her first car. It's a total grocery beater, but she dosen't care; it gets her from A to B.
- Now calling herself simply "Anna", she completes a semester of general studies with difficulty, but makes passing grades. Anna decides to major in english lit and starts tentatively taking a few women's studies courses. She also adpots two cats from the SPCA.
Flash forward four years.
- Anna graduates and gets a part time job as a teacher's aid. She stays part time at the natural foods store as well, because she enjoys the environment so much. She is a vegetarian and enjoys talking to other women about nutrition.
- Now, Anna wears patchy jeans, flowing tops, and flip flops. She's cut her hair to shoulder length and looks adorable.For work, she wears lots of dress pants and flats.
- After a few causal relationships, Anna meets John, a geeky chemistry teacher with kind eyes, no beard, and an easy laugh. She's smitten and he moves in with her after six months of dating. The cats don't mind at all.
- After living together for two years, Anna and John tie the knot - literally - in a knot tying ceremony in the woods with a few friends and a JP. They drink wine and dance back at the appartment most of the night.
- A year later, Anna becomes pregnant. They move from the studio and put a down payment on a three bedroom bungalow, where Anna sets up a greenhouse and stats growing sprouts. She quits her job at the natural foods store, although she keeps in touch with her many friends there. She continues to work as a teacher's aid, and writes freelance for women's magazines.
- A baby boy is born, and Anna learns to juggle her family and her professional life. It's difficult, but she and John work together for soloutions, and things work out. They name the baby Dustin.
A few years later;
- The little family of three is shocked when Elizabeth turns up at their door one chilly autumn morning. Elizabeth begs to stay with her sister, as she has also escaped. Anna and John agree, of course.
- Elizabeth has a difficult time in the real world. She refuses education and only lasts a few hours at the natural foods store, the job a favor to Anna. Elizabeth resorts to looking after Dustin when Anna is working, but that fails to work as well. Dustin refuses to listen to Elizabeth, and begs to return to his Waldorf pre-school. He does.
- After multiple tries to intigrate Elizabeth into modern (real) life fail, John and Anna are at wit's end. Elizabeth secretly takes a phone call from Daddy Botkin and is convinced to return home. Anna is brokenhearted, but remembers what happened doung Elizabeths first rebellion, and wonders how far this has effected her sister.
- Elizabeth returns home. Her absence is explained as a trip to try and save her sister, that failed. She is swiftly married off to a vision forum intern, and rarely seen or heard from again. Anna never forgets.
- Shortly after, Anna has a second child, another boy they name Gus, and has her tubes tied. They can only afford two children, and she's thrilled with her boys.
- Anna, John, and the kids live a genuine, normal life, complete with ups, downs, and challenges. She never looks back.
Feel free to change whatever you want, or add your own ideas. This is really just a skeleton, but man, would I ever like to see Anna Sophia escape the Botkin bunch! Of course, I would love Elizabeth to have a happy ending as well, but for the sake of the lifestyle they both live, I had to show what I thought would finally convince Mr. Botkin it was time to marry a daughter off. I think an escape would bring that about for sure...